Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Emiko: Day 6, New Beginnings


The greatest gift that the PCP has given me is an awareness of what I am putting in my body. When I feel hungry, my reaction is different now than it used to be. I actually think things through, instead of just grabbing and making what seems satisfying at the time. I ask myself, How hungry am I, really? And how is this going to make me feel if I do eat it? What is half of my normal portion of this food?!? I can see how addicted I am to food, and this focused awareness really helps me to catch and break my old habits and attachments.

Something about either exercising daily or eating so much less—or maybe both—has brought me into the present a bit more. I feel clearer, more aware of my present experience, and less forgetful. I was starting to notice this on my own, and the Adrian told me he was noticing it too. So cool! I seem to have become exponentially forgetful in the recent past, so it feels really good to find this improvement as a bonus to an already amazing experience.

Today marks exactly one month until my 20th birthday. It's pretty exciting knowing that after just a single month I am going to be looking, feeling, and eating so much healthier than I probably ever have in the last 10 years. And just a couple months after that, I will look the best of my entire life!

I am also excited (and nervous) to start the "PCP Proper" with new, strict, weighed-out diets. Patrick will be sending us our individual diet plans on Friday. Is Week 1 really almost over?! Adrian and I are still undecided about what to eat for our Last Supper. I hope we don't cross the line just because it's our last un-weighed meal!

In other news, school started up again today, and I am pretty excited. I am taking a bunch of art classes and can't wait to get going!

New beginnings.

7 comments:

Patrick said...

Looks like you two got the point of the half-diet week. You'll be continually surprised by how little thought you used to give into what went into your body. Most people treat themselves more like a garbage disposal than a precious human life.

Amy said...

I have NO idea what I'm going to eat for my "last supper". NONE.

Adrian and Emiko said...

That picture cracks me up.

Nate said...

Art is awesome! what do you do?

Amy said...

Do you think the guy in the pic is a freegan?

Adrian and Emiko said...

Nate, Adrian and I are both illustrators! We both draw a lot and paint a little, and I am getting back into my old passion: printmaking! Love it. We have been doing comics together lately, which is really cool and fun. I also must admit that Adrian and I already found your website and looked at your work, hehe!

Amy, most definitely freegan. And, you are hilarious!

-E

Nate said...

Cool! I would love to see some of your work. And how did you find my site? haha. It still has bugs to be worked out but I have all my stuff over at Deviantart too.