Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Adrian: Day 12, This message will self-destruct in 10 seconds...

I have a bad case of the writer's block today. I have no idea what to write about. Mostly I'd like to get in bed and read.

Originally, I was going to write about how Emiko and I bought 13 lbs of turkey this morning, but that's the end of the story.

I guess I'll mention Patrick's email. Every day, Patrick sends us an email with background information on what we're doing - like how to perform certain exercises, why jump-rope isn't just for kids, different ways to use a carrot, and things of that sort. Emiko, Tim, Amy, Nate and I are the privileged few who get to read these letters, and in a way makes me feel important, like Inspector Gadget, reading my top-secret assignment every day.

I wonder what it would be like to have a machine that lifted me up and down and jump-roped for me, while brushing my teeth and boiling eggs.

Anyway, this is from Patrick's email:
"In these tough times, become a mule (or a bulldog if you prefer). Keep your head down and just keep moving. Don't question why or look too far into the future."

I'm definitely feeling that statement. On my good days I'm a mule, and on my bad ones I'm an ass. I've been plowing through my exercises, cooking and washing dishes like a mad man. But sometimes when things aren't going according to plan, I get stressed. The PCP has brought out the control freak in me, and dealing with that side of myself right now is another project.

2 comments:

Adrian and Emiko said...

"I'm definitely feeling that statement. On my good days I'm a mule, and on my bad ones I'm an ass."



I totally LOLed.

Tim said...

I guess being Inspector Gadget would solve a few on those multitasking issues.