Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Adrian: Day 6, Happy Feet

I woke up around 6 this morning. I was hungry when I woke up, so I ate half a banana. Emiko got up a few minutes later and made me a ham, egg and cucumber sandwich. Ate a date shortly afterwards, and snacked on some kettle chips as well. We listened to music for a while, and then it was off to our first day of school.

We're taking a few classes together, web design, drawing and Buddhist philosophy. Today it was drawing, and class was in Alameda. Alameda is a weird little island suburb...more on that later. There were some people in class who didn't seem like they wanted to be there. There was a girl sitting next to me who had restless leg syndrome. It looked like she was playing a kick drum solo through the entire class. I wondered why she was there. You're grown up now. You don't have to draw if you don't want to! Haha.

After class we were both pretty hungry, but it was only eleven o'clock, so we decided to go and buy our art supplies for class first. About half an hour later we went to lunch at a cafe in the Rockridge district of Oakland. We split a "Cuban sandwich" which is a grilled sandwich made with Black Forest ham, onions, pickles, & pepperjack cheese. It took about 15 minutes to make (they had to warm up the grill), but I ate it in under 1.5. On an interesting side-note, Pasta Pomodoro, also in Rockridge, was robbed a couple nights ago. We used to eat at that restaurant all the time. If we hadn't started the PCP, we might've been robbed!

After lunch, we went back home. Emiko did her exercises and then rushed off to work. I went to work too (in front of the computer), packing up a couple dozen books that had been ordered in the past couple of days. I did my exercises shortly after. The squats and crunches seem to be challenging me more lately, but I was able to do the maximum number of reps per set today. I've been listening to music during my workouts. After pushups, I often get a bit winded and lie on the floor for a bit. At that point, music becomes very engaging..

That's all I have to say for now. Good night everyone.

Adrian

3 comments:

Patrick said...

I have the same thing with the post-exhaustion music appreciation, it's hard to describe, but you just hear the music more when you've just collapsed from fatigue.

I'm jealous as anything that you can have California dates anytime you want. They're a real luxury here...

Amy said...

If you post about Falafel, Gyro, or Cuban Sandwiches one more time....!!!

Nate said...

Amen Amy! Adrian you and your food mongering ways! lol

I think that whole exhausted listening to music thing is a weird kind of out-of-body experience. A couple times I came home extremely exhausted and dehydrated when I used to landscape. Taking a shower and listening to music made me like "float" and my body almost went numb a couple times. Weird, weird feeling.