Friday, August 29, 2008

Adrian: Day 15, Hot Hot Heat!

I jumped out of bed this morning at around 7 a.m. I was wide awake, but my body wasn't, and I stumbled my way downstairs into the white sunlight that plastered the living room. Gus followed me down and ran into the kitchen towards his food bowl. My thought generator hadn't kicked in yet, and I just kind of half-registered the warmth and the sounds of morning traffic.

I had beans and buttered toast for breakfast for the second day in a row. It was satisfactory. Also had a somewhat deformed boiled egg. It reminded me of 'Krang' from the Ninja Turtles.



The heat slowly intensified all morning and at around 11 a.m., the apartment had become an oven. It was so hot that it was difficult to move or to care about moving. At some point I stopped using my legs. There was lots of sweating, groaning and whining. It was hot for pretty much the rest of the day, and it was a chore to do chores. At around 3:30, I laid down on the couch and thought about how I didn't want to finish up my work and exercise, and I also wondered what would happen if I got heat stroke, and then I fell asleep.



I woke up an hour later, with a feeling of determination. I finished my work and I did my exercises around 5:30 or 6. By that time, there was a cool breeze outside, and I felt pretty happy, and strong. I nailed my jump ropes for the first time this week, doing sets of 250-300.

It was a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Those are the two most random images ever coupled on a PCP blog. Congratulations.

Gnahh~! I'll get those turtles~~!