Saturday, August 16, 2008

Adrian: Day 2.

Emiko and I just finished the daily workout, and right now we're listening to the Zen is Stupid podcast. I think it's kinda cool how we're 30% of the listeners. It's like they're talking just to us. We're listening to the episode where Patrick and Gwen bash old people for half an hour..

We ended up skipping the lecture at the Berkeley Zen Center today. I ended up playing around with our new laptop instead. I created a last.fm account and I spent pretty much the entire morning fooling around on it. I guess I finally jumped that bandwagon.

Anyway, back to the workout. The jump rope part of it was a bit easier today. I did 350 jumps for my first set, then I took a short break to heave and gasp for a minute. Then over the next 5 sets I did 350 more. Oh yeah, and those stomach cramps are a nice bonus.

Today's workout:

Jump rope: 350/91/78/122/56/203
Squats: 20/20/20/20/20
Pushups: 8/8/8/8
Roll up like a newspaper: 15/15/15/15

For breakfast this morning, Emiko and I split a bowl of cereal and a banana again. I had a cup of earl grey/green tea and some water. Around 10:30 Emiko made a delicious salad with mixed greens, onions, red bell peppers, corn, cherry tomatoes and a red wine vinaigrette. After that I had a singular date. I wonder how well I would eat if I were doing this alone. I've caught myself fantasizing a lot about oily pizzas, gyros, falafels, sushi, fried chicken and paneer tikka masala. Did anyone else just salivate? Actually it hasn't been all that bad. I'm definitely playing the mental game with myself right now though. How's everyone else getting on?

Quote of the day:

Emiko: "I wish cats didn't poop. It would be so much better if they didn't."

7 comments:

Nate said...

I now need a half portion of shrimp and scallop vindaloo with basmati rice. If you mention Indian food when we are deep into the PCP i will scream! It has to be one of my indulgences I want it sooooo bad now.

Adrian and Emiko said...

I hear you Nate. Emiko and I have been wondering if we should break the diet we started a few weeks ago and go out for burritos and/or fried chicken sandwiches.

-A

Amy said...

you can keep your oily pizza but the rest sounds delish!!!

Tim said...

Oh wow, are we are curry junkies? I know I am. My favorite is aloo gobi (if cooked right) - a bit oily but the veggies are healthy, right? Actually the biggest hurdle for me could be giving up all-you-can-eat curry lunches. There is a great Southern Indian close to my office. And then there is Thai food .............

Patrick said...

You can do a PCP curry, I have a good recipe.

It's no comparing to the real thing, but after a few weeks of egg white smoothies you'll think it's not so bad. : )

Adrian and Emiko said...

"You can do a PCP curry, I have a good recipe."

Let's see it!

Adrian and Emiko said...

Oh my god, curry...my mouth is sooo watering! I could eat indian food for every meal. Yum.

And Amy...I think I know of the "oily pizza" Adrian is thinking of and it is THE BEST PIZZA I HAVE EVER HAD (and this place makes their own cheese and the pizza is organic and vegetarian, too). Check it: http://cheeseboardcollective.coop/Pizza%20Collective/z.htm

I wish I could mail you a slice. It would blow your mind! (okay, clearly I am too obsessed...but I care not!)

-Emi