Sunday, August 24, 2008

Adrian: Day 10, eats

Improvised a few new dishes today.  Patrick's advice was to make a lot of food in advance so we wouldn't have to spend so much time cooking every day, but Emiko and I have yet to find a meal that we can eat without feeling sick, so we're trying a bunch of new things.  It's time consuming, but it's fun, and it requires you to think creatively.  For the first time, Emiko and I are learning how to use a kitchen.  We never spent much time preparing meals before starting PCP.  We were the type to buy bread, milk, eggs and sandwich meat at the grocery store, and eat out every other day.  These are the new dishes:


Lunch
baked home fries w/onions & garlic
broiled chicken breast strips w/onions, garlic, squeezed orange juice & apple slices.
whole grain brown rice

Dinner
broiled turkey patties
1.25 lbs 99% fat free turkey
1 c bread crumbs, whole wheat
1/4 c yogurt
green onions
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp cayenne pepper
a sprinkle of curry powder & thyme
2 T dijon mustard

My veggie serving for dinner was slow cooked beans seasoned w/onions, garlic, thyme & bay leaves.

If you make 9 turkey patties with this recipe, then each patty gives roughly 50 g of meat & 10 g of bread.  It's pretty simple, and it was tasty too.

I'm struggling a bit with the new exercises.  I can't do the incline pull-ups without overstraining my neck.  Hopefully I'll get that worked out soon.

Adrian

3 comments:

Patrick said...

If you are able switch to regular pull-ups whenever you can!

Kazue said...

Hello Adrian & Emiko!
This is Kazue from PCP Japan.
Here is my recipe for curry, PCP style.

http://thepeakconditionproject-kazue.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-pcp-secret-menu-in-english.html

I'm enjoying reading your blog!

Tim said...

I know what you mean about the neck muscles. Once they tense up, it is difficult to relax but try to relax fully between sets, even before you realise that they are tensing up. I'm sure you will be able to do it.