Sunday, August 31, 2008

Adrian: Day 17, New Exercises

Just a short one tonight.

I attempted the new exercises today at around 1:30 p.m. I performed the shoulder press incorrectly. I felt the burn mostly in my triceps, and I also dry-cried a little about half-way through. I thought the ski-jumper exercise would be the easiest to do, but felt quite a strong burn in my triceps. The leg-ups still kill me. Probably the most painful exercise for me at this point. At least I know I'm doing them right. I forgot to do the chest flies, so I did them later at around 8 p.m. Also tried the shoulder press again and was able to do one full set correctly until my shoulders pooped out. Maxed it though.

Later while Emiko was doing her jump-ropes in the alley behind our apartment, I went to the common area balcony of the third floor to check up on her. I noticed my neighbor was sitting there smoking a cigarette. He said he noticed we'd been jumping rope and he wanted to workout with us. Told me he'd buy a jump-rope for himself and teach me how to box. Said it would be good for him as he pointed to his cigarette. It was a friendly gesture; the guy's been trying to buddy up for awhile. Felt a bit weird though, because it seemed like he was peeping on Emiko.

Well that's all for now, G'night.

Adrian

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Yeah, gotta be careful to move the whole arm from the shoulder socket with the shoulder press, not just extend the forearm from the elbow. That'll burn your triceps to a crisp!

Tim said...

The PCP community is growing!!

Nate said...

who not to tell about your blog. The man you called a peeping tom. Haha