Friday, August 29, 2008

Emiko: Day 15, Spilling the Beans

Good evening! As I type this, Gus is eating the two leftover yolks from the eggs I had for dinner. He definitely remembers how much he loved them the first night he got to try them. He he!

I don't know what to write about tonight, so I am going to make a confession: Going against all of Patrick's encouragement for us to tell everyone we know that we are involved with the PCP, neither Adrian nor I have told a single soul...!

I haven't told any of my friends, coworkers, no one. I haven't even told my mom. Both Adrian and I decided before the Project started that we would tell people after we had reached the half-way mark, so that we would at least have made some progress by the time we had to explain it all. Some of my coworkers have noticed me sneakily weighing out my 100g fruit snacks behind the counter, which has been a little awkward when they're like, "wow, you're actually WEIGHING your fruit?" I think for the most part they think that I'm just hardcore into my diet.

Although I admit I am glad that these first few weeks were PCP'd in secrecy, I know that we are supposed to be supported by the people around us as we go through this journey. I have been so nervous about people who I see regularly going through our blog. It just seems so personal! But I know sharing the experience is going to be positive. So, I have decided that slowly, starting in about a week, I am going to tell people about it. I will start with a few friends and probably my parents, and then all my coworkers at our staff meeting at the beginning of the month.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Tim said...

I keep telling people and then forget to give them the blog address. A sort-of half-way house!!

Nate said...

So for some reason I felt at first it would be weird to tell people that they would look at how the PCP functions and not get it. And I would have to explain myself for weighing out food and only using resistance bands because people would think that's silly.

Wrong!

You want to know why? Because everyone I talk to has the same thoughts I had when I learned about the PCP and started following the blogs. I can do this. This is awesome! The right balance of structure and flexibility, action and mindset.

Don't hesitate to spread the word. People will love the PCP. Everyone I told comes up to me now and is like your last post was really good or I have a question, how do you do lawnmowers? Its so awesome.

The first rule about PCP. Tell people about the PCP.
The second rule abut the PCP. Tell people about the PCP!

Adrian and Emiko said...

Tim, that's hilarious! I know that in thinking about telling people, I HOPE to forget to give them the address!

Nate, Haha! Thanks for the inspiration. I am taking the first big step and telling my mama tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!

-E

Nate said...

awesome. Well hey even if you tell people well into the project they will have a lot to go back and read!