Monday, September 22, 2008

Emiko: Day 39, Or Is It?

Well, my back is not completely better, but it is improving. My back definitely didn't affect my jump ropes like it did yesterday. Jump roping would have been a lot easier today if I wasn't already so sore from yesterday's workout. 

Like Patrick warned us, I feel like I'm back at Day 1 as far as being used to my exercises. The new routines are hard! During my jump ropes, I was hindered by my quads which were so weak from yesterday's pistol squats. Although I complain about it, I actually like being challenged in that way. But it hurts the day after, that's for sure.

Also, I kept whipping myself in the butt with the jump rope. Must have happened about ten times. I must have been tripping on the rope in a new way because of my sore muscles. It was unpleasant, but a little funny too.

Another weird thing happened to me today. I went to bed
around 11 pm last night, very sleepy. This morning I had to wake up earlier than would be ideal, around 6:45 am to finish my drawing homework. Because I went to bed so sleepy, and felt the same sleepiness upon waking and throughout the morning, it was almost as if I was experiencing last night and this morning at the same time. Like a parallel plane of time or something. As I was driving Adrian and myself home from school today, I felt that I was simultaneously getting ready to go to bed the night before. I cannot explain it better than that. It was a strange feeling, though.

I had better go get ready for bed now, again. Am I experiencing tonight, or last night, or both?

:0)

4 comments:

Tim said...

Feeling spaced out is kind-of weird, isn't it. I put it down to low energy levels - the fruit helps restore me.

Patrick said...

yeah, following the trampoline incident your body was already having to work overtime to get the spinae erectors repaired and on top of that the new devil squats, it's enough to space a person out.

Give it a few days you'll be rocking it again.

Nate said...

haha devil squats.

I seriously am so surprised at this new feeling of muscle soreness! I was getting used to our old exercises i think. It's so cool to feel sore in the 4 areas you work though because you know that they are getting stronger!

Emiko said...

Tim, It wasn't exactly feeling spaced-out, it was more real than that. Very odd, I don't know how to explain.

Nate, I totally agree! I am definitely feeling the soreness still, though, so I am a little bit wary of having any ability to do those 'devil squats' again today... Which, by the way, is the perfect name for them!