Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Adrian: Day 33, Some pain

I haven't been able to get much sleep for the past two days. I've been thinking too much at night and I've been completely unable to relax. I felt tired all day today. My right knee's been aching too - I hurt it yesterday during meditation. I could really feel it while doing jump ropes today, so I tried to keep most of the action on my left leg. I cut the jumps to 1200 instead of the usual 1600. I skipped the floor jumps altogether. I did manage to get through the rest of the exercises. I feel like I've gotten a little bit stronger, though Emiko says my muscles look a lot more defined.

She suggested that I skip the workout completely today, because of my hurt knee. That idea sounded pretty good to me. But, I've been feeling very motivated lately, and the idea of not working out for two days in a row (I took my rest day yesterday) just seemed wrong to me. I think I'm starting to like exercise... Weird.

I did the 8-minute abs video Patrick sent us for the second day in a row today. It's hilarious. Two or more people watching together in the same room will result in fits of laughter. But the workout really does burn. Some of the exercises feel like they put too much strain on my neck though, and that's not fun.





That's all for now. I'm gonna go cut my hair. Have a good night everybody!

Adrian

5 comments:

Tim said...

Take care!! It is a difficult call on whether to work through a muscle strain or two or to rest. The idea is to not overdo it and keep going. But listen to your body and do what it tells you.

I'm with you on the "not sleeping because the brain is too active" bit. Frustrating to be tired and not able to sleep, isn't it!

Adrian and Emiko said...

I really felt those 8-minute abs in my neck tonight, even though he kept saying, "This will never hurt you!!" Lies!

-e

Patrick said...

Everyone has neck soreness after the first few 8 min abs. Keep doing it, three things will happen.

1. Your neck will get stronger

2. You will learn to keep the neck from pinching, and let your abs lift the whole upper body as a unit, reducing neck strain.

3. You will memorize the 8 min program, meaning you won't be craning your neck to see the screen which is half the problem. Ideally, take a quick look to see the movement, and then look up at the ceiling and not at the screen until you hear the beep.

Kazue said...

I had same experience of neck pain from 8-minute abs. Did you notice he is doing the excerise on a slope? The two guys are going down the slope but the lady has to go up the slope! What's up with that?!

But the video works!!!

Adrian and Emiko said...

It would be good to build up my neck muscles. I still strain while doing incline pull-ups, and the funky chicken.

-A