Sunday, September 14, 2008

Adrian: Day 31, Parkour

I got excited about Parkour today after reading Nate's latest blog post. I've known about parkour peripherally for some time now, but I've never done anything except watch other people do it on youtube. Lately though, my confidence has been rising, and today I had the thought, "I want to do that!"

So I did a search on google, and I found this group based in the Bay Area who are giving a free class on parkour basics a couple weeks from now at the U.C. Berkeley campus. I'm planning on going. I know it's going to be fun, and I'll probably take some pictures so that I can post about it here. There seems to be a small community growing around here of people who do it, and right now it seems like a good idea to me to try and get in on the fun they're having.

The fundamental workouts for parkour seem to be pretty similar to what I'm doing now in the PCP, and it would be awesome if I could make it a part of my routine.

Thanks again for the inspiration Nate!

1 comment:

Nate said...

Haha! It figures I pick Parkour as my goal and you are totally gonna wind up making more progress I don't have the time for any sort of class right now! That's awesome though Adrian I can't wait to see haw that goes down!