Monday, September 8, 2008

Emiko: Day 25, A Day in the Life Of My Tummy

Tonight my coworker Lauren said that she wondered what a PCP diet looks like compared to hers or a more average diet, and I realized that I have not posted anything about my daily eats in a while. Also, in the past I have used grams to explain my portions, but here I will try to make it a little more understandable for those who don't weigh all of their meals on a scale!

So, here we are! Today's Food:

Breakfast:
-A full bowl of whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk
-A medium-sized plate of broccoli (with a portion about as big as my hand if I held it over the plate)
-1 whole hard-boiled egg (side-note: Ma, those special-colored eggs are DELICIOUS)

Morning Snack:
-1/3 of a nectarine

Lunch:
-1 home-made (by my lovely BF & BFF Adrian!) turkey patty made with lean turkey, NF yogurt, green onions, cayenne pepper, whole-wheat bread and garlic.
-1 whole-wheat tortilla
-1/2 of an avocado
-3/4 of a tomato

Afternoon Snack:
-Tiny bowl of granola with a little LF milk
-Should have had some fruit (as much as morning snack) but forgot! Woops.

Dinner:
-16oz smoothie made with 1 banana, 3/4 of an apple, a dash of milk and some ice.

Evening Snack:
-1 hard-boiled egg (white only) sprinked with pepper
-A handful of broccoli


So, I think you will see that I truly am eating a lot of food, but that it is very low in fat, consists of almost no sugar (except the granola, and maybe a smidge of honey in the cereal), or empty calories. Carbohydrates are almost always something whole-wheat or whole-grain. We eat lots of stuff that comes right from the earth or from animals, such as fruit, eggs, veggies, beans, milk, meat, etc.

So there you have it! A random daily run-down of what goes into my body. Maybe I'll make more of an effort to post what I am eating every now and again.


Also, I still haven't decided what to indulge in this week! Patrick told us that we can have something non-PCP, as long as it is in moderation (equal to or less than 400 calories), but I don't know what I want yet! I am thinking it will be chocolatey, but I'd really like some suggestions if you've got any (go CRAZY...I wanna hear it!).

Thanks all! Can't wait to hear what you suggest. Good night.

3 comments:

Nate said...

So this grocery store around here (wegmans - they rock I am planning a whole post about them) has contests for customers to submit recipes which they in turn choose a winner and market. They make an "ultimate chocolate cake" which is insane it's almost like eating a semi-sweet chocolate bar. I'm gonna eat some today. Trust me you have never had chocolate cake until you have this.

Some other things that ran through my head, canolis, peanut butter pie, indian food (at restaurants is really buttery and salty), and sugar cookies with icing.

Em's Mum said...

Glad to hear it's not just my imagination on those eggs!

Indulgence...Maybe you will just know it when you see it. Something caramel, like that sauce from the café--you've always loved caramel. These days, I can have a bowl of sliced peaches with raspberries and blackberries and think I've gone to heaven! Doesn't even need honey, but that's good, too. Season's winding down on that one...

Don't forget about an indulgence for your birthday coming up. You must keep me posted, so I can fulfill my mom-baking urges and not throw you off too much. Maybe some late season peach/berry shortcake, with more fruit than cake? They are selling locally grown wheat that you grind yourself by hand. I've been looking for an excuse to get some & fire up the oven...

Adrian and Emiko said...

I don't use cayenne pepper in the turkey patties. Actually, I use chili powder, curry powder and thyme.

Adrian