Saturday, September 6, 2008

Emiko: Day 23, Life Comes Together

I mentioned yesterday how satisfying the days have been since we started the Project. I wanted to continue that thread, because I am feeling so thankful for it. It is such a beautiful thing!

I really feel like I am tackling life in every moment. Because of that, I am gaining so much sensitivity, becoming more aware of the present and more grateful for whatever it is that is happening in that present moment.

Like Adrian mentioned today, we had a pretty intense meltdown yesterday following a fight. Fighting hurts, and sometimes working it out can be painful, but I feel that my attitude has shifted and I can be appreciative of those moments.

Also, activities that used to slip past me without thought have now come into and equal focus with the rest of my life. I don't put such a heavy emphasis any one piece of my day, and totally ignore another because it is not 'important.'

Now, steaming broccoli at night is just as clear in my memory as making a drawing, hugging Adrian, or petting my cats. Of course of all of these I would love to hug Adrian the most, but you know what I mean. My day feels fuller because I am not sorting my experiences by 'worthy' and 'unworthy' of remembering or paying attention to, and I feel so much more balanced and, well, alive!

I am on a feel-good trip, and I can't stop listening to this song right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H71Fv3PcQQY

I love you all! Good night and sweet dreams. <3 Emiko

2 comments:

Patrick said...

whoa! Busted for copyright infringement! That'll end a feel good day! Ha! Don't worry about it, I've been busted too.

I'm so glad you're getting all the non-fitness benefits out of the PCP. They are truly the best part of it!

Tim said...

Two choices I guess - acknowledge or delete. I think you made the right one.