Thursday, September 4, 2008

Adrian: Day 21, Time really does fly!

Have 21 days really gone by? Wowaweewa. It went by really quick. The way I'm feeling right now is that none of this PCP stuff is out of the ordinary. All the meat, veggies and egg whites that I'm eating every day just feels like a normal part of life, and it's almost hard to imagine it any other way. I guess I've finally hit that groove, and I'm going high octane if you catch my drift. And I really can't imagine going back and eating all the old junk that I used to.

At this point, I feel like I'm 90% over all my old cravings; they just don't really come up anymore. And I haven't felt the least bit bothered by hunger in an "I could go for Chinese take-out" sort of way. I do get hungry by dinner time, but I feel very satisfied by my apple, banana & milk soup, & egg whites. Though, I do have to admit that my mouth watered just a tiny little bit while after looking at that picture we posted yesterday. It looked pretty disgusting to me, but my body's instinct was for my mouth water, because that's the sort of stuff that Emiko and I used to eat. Weird how that works huh? And I still look twice at the chocolate bars when checking out at the grocery store. Also, for some reason, after eating my egg whites for dinner I am sometimes tempted to eat the yolks.

We all got our new diets tonight, and our portions have been cut quite a bit. I'm not even worried though. That means less groceries, and I'm not gonna miss running to the store every other day. Looks like we'll have to stock up on tea though.

Some day soon, Emiko and I hope to grow our own food. But that's a post-PCP project, so keep an eye out!

Adrian

5 comments:

Tim said...

Hmm, a Chinese take-out ..........

Nate said...

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure that "tea" is not one of the required things to eat. It's "Night tea" as in tea-time, or the general reference to have a snack/break around then. Tea was never a part of Patrick's or the PCP1 group, at least not a mandatory part.

Patrick said...

Yeah, Chen speaks British English, so he says "morning tea" instead of morning snack. However, I do recommend drinking a lot of tea as it contains antioxidants and will make you feel full at 0 calories

Tim said...

At least someone else speaks British English around here. I was beginning to feel a bit lonely lol!

(Actually, we don't say Night Taa, but I'm not complaining).

And if you drink as much tea as I do, it can make you a bit light-headed too! (Explains the humour).

Adrian and Emiko said...

Thanks for clarifying about tea!