Friday, September 5, 2008

Emiko: Day 22, Drinkable Dinner!!

I just finished reading Adrian's post, and he got me a glass of water and it was yum.

Today is the official first day of Week 4! Can you believe it? By this time next week, a month will have past. Holy guacamole, y'all.

We did our last work outs for Week 3 today. And I was really groovin', as is always the case right before we receive new our new exercise routines every Friday! I did my all-time record for jump-ropes...*drum roll*.......

600 jumps in a single set!!!!!!!!

Of course, I must admit that I tripped sometimes in between, so it wasn't a consecutive run, but 600 nonetheless! Woohoo!

I also made smoothies tonight for the first time since Day 8. That first smoothie was a complete disaster, because I blended milk, banana, egg whites, and a whole apple (including peel, which is where things went foul) into a nasty-thick pint of yuck. Please never EVER make a smoothie like this. It was my first official 'PCP Dinner" smoothie, and good lordy was it a test of my devotion to the Project to drink/gag it all down.


But tonight's was a delight! Both Adrian and I had a smoothie made with milk, 1 banana, 1/2 an apple (peeled!), and ice. It was refreshing and much more filling than I was expecting. Our bellies reported that it felt like a real dinner, that's for sure. Finally full at dinner time again!

To the right, you can see me looking rather like someone spiked my smoothie, and also unquestionably like my mom...!

That is all I have to report today. I do want to make a quick comment that ever since the PCP began, not one day has passed where I thought "where did the day go?" I like that a lot. Even if the day sucked, I was there for every moment of it and it felt rightfully long and full. A lot happens in a week, and we have been changing! With that in mind, I am excited for Week 4 and to see what wondrous things we encounter!

I just remembered that I forgot to eat my nightly veggies! Dang. Better go steam up some cauliflower!

Night night!

4 comments:

Tim said...

My first dinner smootie nearly broke my little handheld blender. And yes, it wasn't quite as "smooth" as a smoothie should be!!

Patrick said...

I quite like the "peel on" smoothies. They give the drink a bit of texture. I have a nice blender though...

Nate said...

Yea I have a SUCKY blender and my smoothie was nasty I will get a good one sometime.

And I totally know what you mean about the days not going by in a blur. It's awesome and I feel so much more productive.

Em's Mum said...

To the right, you can see me looking rather like someone spiked my smoothie, and also unquestionably like my mom...!

Does that mean we have similar facial expressions (although you're cuter!, or both enjoy a good laugh over a healthly drink, or I laugh too much over spiked drinks (which I (almost) never have)?!?!

Got you more Rancho Gordo beans today, plus Green Gulch broccoli & lettuce, tomatoes and some other fruit & veg to send local organic goodness your way. Also, a dozen of those eggs that come with more than 4 shell colors in the carton, making me extraordinarilly happy just looking at them. Hope whole eggs are still in the mix! Must honor the chickens who had to forage in the pasture to bring you those eggs by not feeding the yolks to the cat.

With your "cleaner" taste buds, I wonder if you will be able to tell the difference between very fresh food grown with care and the local chain produce.