Thursday, September 18, 2008

Adrian: Day 35, Back in the Valley

We both got lots of sleep last night. 9.5 hours for me and 10.5 hours for Emiko. This was nice because of the lack of sleep we've been having, but we both ended up feeling groggy all day. I skipped my chores this morning, and I wasn't able to tackle the rest of my tasks throughout the day with any zest. The day seemed to float by as if I were vegging out in front of a T.V.

I kept my workout somewhat light because the knee is still bothering me, but I did the 8 minute ab routine again. I didn't enjoy the workout today; I went through them all like chores. I gave myself a couple nasty welts while doing my jump ropes too. I blamed the jump rope for hurting me and I threw it at the wall. The cats weren't happy about that move.


I feel like I'm back in the PCP valley. I keep thinking to myself, "Why don't I feel energetic all the time?" and, "Why don't I feel or look much stronger yet?"

We got an email from Patrick the other day talking about "visceral fat" - the lardy stuff that's really hard to get rid of. He says it's gonna stick to the 'bitter end' (it's definitely sticking to my bitter end), but if we keep on top of our diets, it will start to go around day 40. I can believe that after looking at Kazu's pictures. He made a really big change between week 5 and week 6. It's inspiring to see.


2 comments:

Nate said...

I noticed the same thing with Kazu's pics it was incredible. And I think I am in a PCP valley for now too. I still am rly tired a lot and feel like I could just not do stuff sometimes. But i know I gotta keep going, so stick with it man and keep it up!

Tim said...

How did you manage that with the skipping rope? I hit my head and wrists every once in a while. I think we've all hit the same trough but we are nearly half way there!!!