Monday, September 15, 2008

Emiko: Day 32, No Fair!

I just got home from another night at work. Like last night, I was ravenously hungry the entire shift. Luckily, I planned ahead by not eating my vegetables at lunch, but rather saving them for when I got to work. That helped a lot, because unfortunately I forgot to eat my post-work-out egg-white yet again! Oof. Tomorrow I will make sure that not to forget. It really is so necessary!

Ever since our indulgence last week (chocolate brownie sundaes), I have been craving the sweet stuff. Anything sweet is much more tempting than it was before the indulgence. My body was like, "Hey, I remember this sugar substance! I was addicted to it. I want more of it!" All while I shed a tear, staring longingly at the pastry case at the cafe where I work. My manager also bought me and another of my coworkers a pint of gelato each, as a thank you for picking up a shift in an emergency. Of course, the gesture is what counts, but I was sad to have to say no to the yummy looking melon sorbet.

Work is definitely providing a lot of temptation for me again, with all of the sweet and creamy foods and drinks everywhere. It's almost like I am back at Day 1! I am definitely planning on something savory for my next indulgence.... >:(

2 comments:

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

I don't know how you can work in a cafe and not eat!! Well done!