Sunday, September 7, 2008

Emiko: Day 24, Flapping My Chicken-wings

Hello folks! Thanks for reading this post. It is after midnight so I don't know how good it is, but I hope you like it.


Well, exercising was a little difficult for me today. After achieving my recent record of 600 jump-ropes in a row, I thought that my endurance while jump-roping would simply escalate from then on. Apparently not so! Today I was able to do sets of 100-300, but I struggled through each and every one. My body just seemed very resistant the the activity I was making it do, and I had to play some mental games in order to get the job done in a timely manner because I had to go to work soon, and of course I was still late (Sorry Sara, Terra, and Brian!).

The new exercises are also brought up a notch to give us more of a challenge. And it burned! The extra reps kept me working hard. Also this new exercise, the 'Chicken Wing' I know for sure that I am doing entirely wrong. Patrick, this means I need help! I was surely not a chicken in a past life, because right now I am not really engaging the shoulder muscles, I am just straining my shoulder joints. SOS!

One cool thing, though, was that I flexed my arm kind of randomly in the mirror and I was like WHAT! I can actually see some definition in there! Although I can't do the Chicken Wing for s***, some of those shoulder exercises must be working because there are now two separate shoulder and bicep muscles!


On another note, I emailed all of my coworkers yesterday with the link to this blog and a super brief explanation of what it is Adrian and I (and the other present PCPers) are doing. Tonight I worked with Sara, and she had looked at the blog so we started to talk about how the process is changing my routine, perspective, habits, etc. Later in the evening, I told all of my coworkers about the PCP at our monthly staff meeting. I thought it was going to be a lot more exciting, but people didn't seem too phased about it. Maybe in the coming weeks, as my body and energy changes more and more, it will pique people's interest. It is nice to have it out in the open nonetheless. Mostly I just want to have a broader community of people reading these blogs, commenting and maybe being inspired or influenced by our experiences.

Thus, I have taken another step in spilling the beans about the PCP! Now all of my coworkers know, and it's just time to contact friends that I don't see too often and clue them in to this exciting project we are all involved in.

Good night everyone. My kitty is meowing at me that it is bedtime, so off I go. Bye! Oh, and hello coworkers if you are reading this! Night night!

2 comments:

Amy said...

600 jumps in a row is like, heroic.

I told some of my co-workers the first day and they really could not have cared less except for one friend who plays rugby and is trying to get in top shape for the season.

Adrian and Emiko said...

I know! I hope that people take an interest, though. And not just for me, but to boost their motivation to improve their own health!

I certainly was one of those chubby nay-sayers who thought dieting was not the way to anything but misery. But now I know better :)

I wish I could get back up to 600 again! Now I can't to more than 300.. lame!

emi