Monday, September 1, 2008

Emiko: Day 18, Buns of Steel...?

Howdy!

My head is hurting a little with sleepiness, so hopefully I can keep this one short.

I am beginning to gain some confidence that all of this hard work is going to pay off. I can really feel my muscles beginning to grow. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of fat left in my arms, belly and thighs, but there is definitely new strength under the surface and that's really pleasing. I have almost no fat in my calves now, and they are looking pretty toned. Lovin' that! I can't wait to see all those other muscles that are just waiting to be revealed.


After starting these new work outs, I am actually sore again today! It has been a while, and it's kind of awesome to feel sore, because I know I'm forming new muscle. Today my arms were a little sore, but the soreness was mainly focused on the booty (thanks, lunges!). Despite being a little awkward, I am happy to know that my glutes are getting a good work out too.

I didn't max out my workout today, but I came close. Those Side Shoulder Flies are so killer. I still can't make the minimum once I reach the 3rd and 4th sets. I can do the maximum reps of Incline Pull-ups, but I don't think that I can do real Pull-ups yet. I am totally excited for the day when I can do all of my sets doing the real thang.

Not much else to report I think, except that I'm for certain a little hungrier this week. Not having a real hearty dinner is what gets me, but I'm sure that's an important step in losing the weight...which I certainly can't wait to lose! As of today, I weigh 125lbs. This is about 7lbs lighter than I was when I first started the PCP and what was my normal weight for the past 5 years!

I am inspired by Nate to start posting my measurements, so I will try to get those up this week.

Also, I told my mom about the PCP today, and it was totally anti-climactic! I was expecting more surprise, but she seemed like she had already concluded that Adrian and I were up to something. Oh well! Good times.

Goodnight y'all. I wish you sweet dreams and restful sleep. Zzzz....

2 comments:

Tim said...

Wow, that weight loss sounds impressive. I was feeling smug about the pounds I've lost but I'm much bigger so there is more to lose!!
Oh, and some used the "buff" word on me yesterday lol

Nate said...

Awesome news on the weight! And also it will be really cool to see the measurements. It builds my confidence since you don't really see a day to day change but every two weeks then you can be like "whoa I lost and inch off the waist!"

And of course, mom's know everything haha