Friday, October 31, 2008

Emiko: Day 78, Cinematic Consumption

Things have been pretty busy in the A&E household. Lots of job-hunting, and related stuff. I am feeling pretty anxious these days. Adrian and I decided to go to a movie last night, which was a nice break from some of the activity this week. As we were getting ready to head out to the movie theater, I realized that my thoughts were turning to food. Specifically, popcorn and candy. I realized how conditioned I am to eat during movies, and felt a little disturbed by that. I sat down and ate my dinner - a bowl of sliced apple & banana and milk - and knew that I didn't even really want that junky food, I was just used to it. And so are most people. It kind of sucks that we are conditioned to mindlessly consume candy, popcorn, soda, chocolate, and whatever else. Despite confronting it, the feeling stayed with me through the movie. I didn't act on it, but I was quietly aware of it.

Speaking of anxiety, I have a phone interview for a job this afternoon. Wish me luck! I plan to have my third and final indulgence directly following the interview, so I will be updating on that soon! Hope you all are well.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Woo hoo! You will nail your interview with your PCP confidence!

I have to admit my mouth started watering when I was thinking about my movie theater indulgence - sour patch kids.

Adrian and Emiko said...

Oh man...I was so ready to do the phone interview, but it was extended until Monday afternoon! Now I am going to be nervous about it all weekend. Oh well....

-E

Nate said...

Have in there e you will do great! And I always bring unsalted organic cashews to the theater now haha