Sunday, October 19, 2008

Adrian: Day 66, I Got Lazy

I'm starting to put weight back on.  I'm eating more, but I haven't been working out as hard as I used to.  I've been lazy, and I can't lie to myself about that.  I also haven't been getting enough variety in my diet.  I've been pretty much eating cereal and granola for my carbs every day.  I know it's wrong, because of all the extra sugar, but it's so easy and it tastes so good.  I've been eating lots of sweet potatoes lately, and I've definitely been eating avocados almost every day.  I really feel like I need to kick things back into gear, but it's been a tough mental game.  How do you beat your own mind? 

7 comments:

Nicole Velazco said...

NO POST?! noooooo

Patrick said...

Actually you're supposed to be putting on weight right now, but take it easy with the avocados.

These weeks of low motivation will come and go, but over the long term you should see your condition on a steady upward climb. Kind of like the stock market, it's a pretty big waste of energy to obsess over a few days or a week.

Get through your workouts, mix up the carbs, and you'll be on track.

Tim said...

Thanks Patrick - I just bought a value pack of avocados. But I've been overdoing the tomatoes so it could balance out.

Adrian, one mental trick I've used to good effect is to persuade myself that eating something is going to kill me. Since all that white sugar will, over time, kill, it isn't to far from the truth. It becomes much easier to say no to the "bad" things and yes to the "good" things if you treat the "bad" things like poison!!

Adrian and Emiko said...

Patrick,

The low motivation has lasted for more like three weeks than one, but I agree - it's not helpful to spend even more energy stressing about it.

Tim,

Thanks for your advice. I'll have to kill the granola before it kills me!

-A

Patrick said...

Are you sleeping enough? Not getting enough rest will zap motivation like nothing else. Your body goes into self-preservation mode and refuses to access its energy reserves.

Adrian and Emiko said...

I've been getting plenty of sleep. I think a big part of the low energy right now is because I'm getting sick. I'm coming down with whatever Emiko has.

-A

Nate said...

Hang in there Adrian! I know it's tough man. Lord do I know it's tough!

When it comes down to it just tell your self it's what you want to do. remind yourself why you signed up in the first place.

Mix it up and make it fun again. look at how far you have come and that helps a lot.