Sunday, October 19, 2008

Emiko: Day 66, I Got Sick

Yeah, I am most definitely sick now. It's kind of a cold with a little nausea, and I only just started coughing this morning. Whatever virus it is, it hasn't hit me too strong, but my throat is real sore and I feel weakened. The past two days I jogged/jump-roped and did 8-minute Abs, but decided to not push myself with the other exercises. I didn't feel up to them at all. I am staying away from all dairy besides my eggs, so hopefully I won't get too clogged up. 

I really hope that I can fight off these symptoms and get back to normal soon. I think I got sick mostly because my body had just had it. After two straight months of working out and dieting in such a strict, consistent manner, my body was like, "Can we stop now?" I was kind of in a valley, and my immune system must have been a little weaker. I am waiting for the PCP bounce-back from sickness that most of PCP round 2 has already experienced. I am ready to be better! Especially since I still have to go to work this morning...

6 comments:

Patrick said...

You'll bounce back better than ever, and the rest will be good for your final PCP push. Don't get too down about being sick. It seems like it's part of the process!

Nicole Velazco said...

Emiko hope you feel better soon!

Emiko said...

Thanks Nicole and Patrick! Yeah, sickness seems to have hit all of us at one point or another, but I'm finding that it is just another way to experience my body's needs. It's kind of okay, really. I'm just ready to be better soon :)

Amy said...

emiko,

what is our problem?! I know you will bounce back really strong. Just be gentle with yourself until you can get back to work.

maki said...

Hope you and Adrian are feeling better soon. Take care...

Nate said...

feel better emiko! And adrian too! It's hard being sick but actually it was kind of a motivation for me because being unable to workout at ALL for two days after i wanted to just freak out and run around a LOT lol